Here are the steps to build desktop applications using Electron JS:
- Install Node.js and NPM on your system.
- Install Electron JS using NPM by running the following command:
npm install electron --save-dev
- Create a new directory for your project and initialize it using the following command:
- Create a new main.js file that will serve as the main entry point for your application.
- In main.js, import the Electron module and create a new BrowserWindow object to display your HTML file.
- Add event listeners to your BrowserWindow object to handle user interactions.
- Build and package your application using Electron Packager or Electron Forge.
Some tips for building desktop applications using Electron JS:
- Keep your application lightweight and fast by optimizing your code and minimizing the use of external libraries.
- Use the latest version of Electron JS to take advantage of new features and bug fixes.
- Test your application thoroughly on all target platforms to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Use Electron Forge to simplify the packaging and installation process for your users.